An in-depth discussion of direct game would be partially frivolous as anything beyond “See and Conquer” becomes overkill. I say this especially, not because there really isn’t anything more to say, but because right now you are reading this because you lack the the balls to execute, not because you need to study the subject any further. I focus on indirect game throughout this blog and you’ll notice I rarely used direct game through out all the examples in The Black Flag + my field reports because in all honesty I just don’t use direct game that often, and when I do, I get mixed results. It’s advantages are obvious, speed and “some other shit,” but that other shit can also fuck you up. The speed advantage comes from the girl having to make a decision on the spot. You might get blown out quickly, but you’ll also close quickly; and cut out 20-minute conversations with loose ends. Always remember that the 30-minute LJBF with an explanation and a hug at the end is a BIGGER ENEMY than the 30-second blow out. Rejection is nothing. To escalate with a potential girlfriend and find yourself going in too early and getting rejected is 10x better than waiting around to escalate and then realizing she never liked you all along.
That “some other shit” counts for all the unpredictable variables that can sway a girl’s decision one way or another. For instance, if you’re only average looking, does your daring approach intoxicate her senses, or is she predisposed to rejecting you and everything in your approach is susceptible to her cognitive bias? Or was she attracted to you from the first place, but you activated her anti-slut defense?
Whatever the case, I can say only these things for sure, take them as a set of guidelines.
(1) When time is of the essence, and options are of abundance, use direct game.
(2) Girls below a 6 may get intimidated by direct game, or not understand how to reciprocate properly (you’d be surprised how bad this can go).
(3) 6s, 7s, 8s, and 9s are the best targets. Or young 10s who haven’t been exposed to as many guys with master game such as yourself. You don’t want your target to be shocked by a cold approach, but by how perfectly you pull it off.
(4) It’s very easy to shift between extremes in terms of her perception of you. You have a small window of opportunity, and the entire pick-up is compressed into a few lines. That means you have 0 margin for error, but also less room to make a mistake in the first place.
(5) You can’t be lazy about direct game. When you approach, you are the first Mexican-Native-American U.S president walking to his inauguration with a Dashiki and buckskin breechclouts. You must know, not just think, that you can beat the odds. Body language must be immaculate, tone direct, words are irrelevant.
The examples below are good for demonstrative purposes, but remember… these are movies.
Two major things to note here. First is Hughes’ interruption of the initial conversation to push himself into it. Forceful, none of that throat clearing beta bitch waiting around the side for introductions crap.
Second, even though it’s a movie, it’s important to understand that he starts out from a dominant position because of his inherent status. Direct game is used MUCH MORE often by men with substantial wealth or fame, just because they can. Indirect game is a waste of time at best, and a perceived rejection (from the girl’s point of view of course) at worst.
I always cringe during the beta cackle at the very end. And believe it or not, this example might not even do justice to the real Hughes; who also happens to perfectly exemplify The Dark Triad.
0:49 – Negs can be used in direct game too. In fact, this example blurs the line between indirect / direct; a true masterpiece
For anyone who hasn’t seen the movie, it’s a good example of Amused Mastery and should help clear up the confusion between being TOO detached and expert aloofness.
My favorite clip out of all the ones here. Not exactly ideal, but a good example of HOW direct game should be executed. Although Dodger bombs the whole thing, you eventually realize his intentions were just to fuck with the girl, and it becomes hard not to tip your hat to his adroitness. I doubt though, that any women would appreciate a full-contact psychological debasement like that. Take it from someone who’s tried this in real life, multiple times. It’s an ego nuke that really…really….really gets to them. To the point where you hear that cliche line that stripped the rainbows from your childhood, “wow…that was way cooler in the movies.”